Level 2 – Cúrsa Traenála do Chinnirí
On this training course you will be given an opportunity to develop your leadership and communication skills in a positive Irish environment. High standards are maintained on this course to enable you to practice your authority and responsibilities when leading others. The main aim of the course is to give you the confidence to stand out from the crowd, be as effective as possible and develop your personality while dealing with young people.
Interviews are carried out with all students during the course to asses your standard of Irish, your ability to communicate and undertake this important role.
There are a limited amount of positions for Cinnirí each year. Attending the course does not guarantee a job as a Cinnire. Please note that in order to be selected as a Cinnire on our summer courses students must be under the age of 18.
- The Cinnire has a very important role in the Coláiste.
- This is a challenging role which carries many responsibilities.
- The Cinnire helps create an Irish atmosphere in the local bean an tí accommodation and in the Coláiste.
- They are given opportunities to take part in the water sport and adventure activities.
- The Cinnire can use the role to improve their own standard of Irish as well as their communication and leadership skills.
Course Syllabus and Objectives
Training in the following
- Leadership skills
- Health and safety
- Fire hazards
- Self confidence building
- Irish language ambassadors
And how to deal with
- Child protection
Do you meet the Criteria?
- Do you have a high standard of Irish?
- Do you have a keen interest in sports?
- Do you want to become a leader?
- You must be at least 15 years old by the 31st July (prior to course start date)
- Please note you must be 16 years old to be selected as a course cinnire
This Course only runs during the October mid-term break – book early to avoid disappointment, numbers are reduced from the standard courses to ensure everyone gets time to shine and become our next generation of Cinnirí.