Safety is our top priority at UISCE!
As a parent of two children the centre manager Ciarán Ó Murchú realises that there is nothing more important than the safety of our children and our duty of care to our customers.
In keeping with this responsibility, Coláiste UISCE in the only Irish college with national accreditation from the ISA (Irish Sailing Association) and The Irish Surfing Association. We are also recognised by the Department of the Gaeltacht and the Department of Education. This means that we are inspected regularly to ensure that we adhere to the highest possible safety standards in relation to our courses and activities. Such requirements include:-
- Ensuring that a Safety Statement exists for our centre and all our activities
- Ensuring that regular risk assessments occur to update our Safety Statement and minimise the chance of any accidents
- Ensuring we meet the requirements of the National Governing bodies of each of the sports we operate
- Adhering to approved teacher pupil ratios for activities
- Sailing and Windsurfing 1:6
- Surfing and canoeing 1:8
- Ensuring that all our instructor staff are fully qualified in their disciplines and registered with National Governing bodies
- Ensuring that all our staff are Garda Vetted and have completed child protection training and induction training
- Conducting and receiving independent annual inspections of equipment, procedures, teaching methods and standards
- Ensuring that we have operational procedures, policies and emergency plans in place
- Ensuring that there are always land based staff supervising water-based activities
- Ensuring that an efficient accident reporting and recording procedure is in place
Our unforgiving commitment to safety ensures that both our parents and students can have total peace of mind in relation to the standards of safety at Coláiste UISCE.