Terms & Conditions
Welcome to Coláiste UISCE. The following are the rules or “Terms” that govern use of the Coláiste UISCE website. By using or visiting the Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and to follow these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the website. Coláiste UISCE reserves the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the website. Please check this page of the website periodically.
Price is inclusive of accommodation, food, Irish classes, water, land and evening activities and 24hr supervision. Please note water activities (Sailing, Windsurfing, Surfing and Canoeing) are weather permitting. Price is not inclusive of: travel to/from Coláiste UISCE, private laundry requirements and a tour during the course.
- Please Note: Students will be provisionally accepted at time of booking. Bookings are only accepted and confirmed upon the satisfactory completion of the following:
• COVID 19 Declaration Form
• GP Assessment Form (if required)
- The Covid 19 Declaration and GP Assessment Forms must be returned between 5 and 3 days prior to the course start date. Please note, forms returned later than 3 days before the course start date will not be accepted.
- Coláiste UISCE reserves the right to deny registration to applicants who do not successfully fulfil steps 1 and 2.
- Coláiste UISCE reserves the right to deny registration of applicants suffering from serious illness or underlying health conditions. This is in the best interest and safety of the student.
- In the event of a surge in COVID 19 cases, Coláiste UISCE reserves the right to deny registration based on geographical location of the applicants.
- Coláiste UISCE reserves the right to cancel courses based on statistical information and government guidelines regarding COVID 19.
- Coláiste UISCE reserve the right to cancel courses in the event of a lack of demand.
- In the event of a course cancellation, applicants will be issued a full refund minus an admin fee as per our cancellation policy.
Deposit by Mail
A deposit of €250 must accompany application forms. Discount Vouchers will be credited off the balance due.
A deposit of €250 will be required when submitting your online application form. Discount Vouchers codes must be used at time of online booking and will be credited off the balance due.
A course place is only confirmed on receipt of a course reference number (uimhir thagartha). Once you become a registered user of uisce.ie site you will be able to login to your account to see the status of your booking at any time.
The balance must be paid 2 months before the course start date. Payment of balance due can be paid online, by mail or by EFT.
Only discount vouchers valid for the current year will be accepted. Only one voucher is accepted per application form. All vouchers must be submitted with the application form and deposit at the time of booking. The value of the voucher will then be credited off the balance due.
There is a €100 family discount for immediate members of a family attending Coláiste UISCE. When the family discount is availed of no other discount vouchers will be accepted.
Scholarships & Part Scholarships
Scholarships & Part Scholarships are only valid for the duration stated on the voucher and are only redeemable as per the terms and conditions stated on the voucher for the current years courses.
Scholarships & Part Scholarships may not be used in conjunction with any special offer or discount on offer at the time of booking. Scholarship & Part Scholarship vouchers must be submitted with the application form and deposit at the time of booking. The value of the Scholarship or Part Scholarship voucher will be credited off the balance due.
UISCE online payment facility is provided by STRIPE – Your information will be safe in this system.
- The balance of the course fee is payable 2 months prior to the course start date. UISCE reserves the right to treat a booking as cancelled due to non-payment of the balance by the due date.
- All cancellations must be in writing.
- A full refund is issued up to 60 days prior to the course start date, minus an administration fee of €50.
- The deposit is forfeited in the event of cancellations that occur between 60 and 30 days prior to the course start date.
- The FULL FEE is forfeited In the event of cancellation less than 30 days prior to the course start date.
- Course bookings can be transferred up to 1 month prior to the course start date subject to availability.
- An administration charge of €50 will be charged for all cancellations processed.
- A €5 charge will apply to all bounced cheques.
1. Any form of bullying or abusive behaviour to other students or staff will not be tolerated.
2. Students are not allowed to go swimming or onto the beach without supervision.
3. Students are not permitted to leave their accommodation between supper time and breakfast time the following morning, or leave the environs of the Coláiste during the course.
4. Students are not permitted to consume or be in possession of alcohol or any other form of prohibited substance, or enter a licensed premises during the course.
5. Smoking is not permitted on the course.
6. Children are not permitted to take photos in the changing room or bedroom areas or upload any pictures from UISCE onto the internet – this includes sites such as facebook, instagram, snapchat, youtube and myspace specifically.
Accommodation is granted on a first come first served basis. Personal requests are subject to availability and cannot be guaranteed. A maximum of one friend can be listed and both forms must correspond.
In the case of misconduct the following warning system applies. On each offence the student receives a verbal warning from the course principal. On the 2nd warning the parents (or person responsible) will be phoned and asked to talk to their child. On the 3rd warning the student will be sent home. An appeal procedure is available for all parent & students.
*Breaking rules 1,2,3,4 & 5 is considered serious misconduct. In the case of serious misconduct immediate dismissal from the Coláiste will result.
The parents of any student leaving early from the course due to misconduct will be expected to cover the full cost of the journey including the cost of the accompanying teacher.
In our role acting in loco parentis, it may be necessary to interview/question your child while investigating alleged incidents. Any such investigation will be carried out in accordance with our Code of Discipline
Search polasaí / Polasaí Cuardach
The management of Coláiste UISCE reserve the right to conduct searches of student’s bags, personal belongings or students bedrooms in the following circumstances:
• If there are reasonable grounds, such as concern for physical safety.
• If there is reasonable belief that the student is in possession of prohibited items, stolen goods, illegal substances or weapons.
In the event of a search the guidelines outlined in our search policy will be adhered to.
By accepting our terms and conditions you are agreeing to our search policy.
We are required to share student name, address and DOB with Roinn na Gaeltachta as proof of their attendance of the course