Campaí UISCE 2020
Has quarantine got you feeling tired and stressed?
Are you ready to say goodbye to the Covid Negativity and say hello to the UISCE positivity?
Why not pack your things, and come to the West le haghaidh Spóírt agus Spraoi as Gaeilge!
We’re very excited to announce our new Campaí Uisce 2020. This is your child’s opportunity to escape to the West Coast for a much needed break. Once again, they can marvel at our mountain scenery and long, sandy beaches; breathe fresh air while running wild in the large open spaces; and experience the exhilaration of catching a green wave on the wild Atlantic Ocean. But better yet, they can learn píosa beag Gaeilge along the way!
Arais arís! Back Again!
The past few months have been difficult for everyone, but things are starting to look up! Our new Multi-Activity Course is the perfect escape for your children, after spending months confined to four walls. We have tailored our new course in order to take account of the HSE Covid 19 restrictions. We have reduced our capacity by 75% in order to implement social distancing and other Covid 19 precautions during course. We are taking 50 students each week on this specially designed 5-night, 4-day residential summer camp which will include all our usual activities, as well as Gaeilge, agus an Craic!
Every precaution has been taken to protect our students and staff from Covid19, while also ensuring that students get the classic Coláiste Uisce experience.
In accordance with HSE and Dept of Education guidelines, we have conducted a comprehensive risk assessment of all our activities and implemented many control measures to mitigate against these risks. Please see our Parent Information page , which outlines the details of the safety precautions that we are implementing to protect students against Covid19.
Céard atá I gceist? What does it involve?
- Duration – 5 nights, 4 days. Students arrive on Monday and leave on Saturday
- Accommodation – All housing is on site. Students will share a room with one friend from home
- Pods – Students will be grouped into ‘pods’ of 12 people. This minimises exposure to others while ensuring that students also experience the social benefits that Colaiste Uisce provides
- Activities -Students will enjoy water activities such as surfing, kayaking, snorkelling, windsurfing, pier-jumping, and bodyboarding as well as land activities such as rock-climbing, ultimate frisbee, raft-building, basketball, dodgeball, archery, and more
- Gaeilge – This is not one of our usual Irish learning courses. However, we will still be running activities through Irish and will encourage students to speak Irish during free time. All students will have one interactive classroom based session per day where they will have the opportunity to learn and practice the Irish vocabulary and phrases that they will require for the course
- Food – Students will eat three meals a day and supper in the evening
- Benefits -Students will experience all of the wonders that the West of Ireland has to offer. They will also build lifelong friendships, gain self-confidence, and share an experience that they’ll never forget
Eolas do thuistí. What can parents expect?
Parents can enjoy the knowledge that:
- Covid-19 -Our senior staff have carefully designed this course and taken every precaution to protect students from Covid-19. HSE guidelines will be followed correctly and incorporated into general procedures
- Supervision – Students are supervised for 24 hours-a-day
- Staff – All staff are garda-vetted and are experienced and capable
- Activities – Activities are carefully planned. Qualified instructors ensure activities are both fun and safe for students
- Digital detox – Students are given their phones for a limited time each day – feedback on our ‘digital detox’ has been very positive!
- Your children – Our enthusiastic and friendly staff will help ensure that each child is happy and satisfied at the end of the day. Your child will return with a newfound taste for adventure and the Great Outdoors!
- Further Information – If you have any questions about our Campaí UISCE, check out our Parental Information page.
We’re very excited to get back to work and see all of you again! Unfortunately, due to government restrictions, we can only offer a limited number of places. So, be sure to book your place as soon as possible to be guaranteed a spot! We look forward to seeing you this summer.
Here’s a taste of what to expect: