Blas Choláiste UISCE
Fáilte chuig ‘Blas Choláiste UISCE’! We are really excited to welcome you to our online course for some Spraoi as Gaeilge!
Please find below, some important information which will help you get the most from your course. Please read them carefully prior to the first class to ensure that you have no difficulties joining the classes or during the course.
Technical Details & Pre-requisites
Outlined below, are the technical details and pre-requisites which are required in order to ensure that you have no problems joining your online classes which will take place on the Google Meet platform.
The following is a quick checklist in preparation for your class:
- We recommend using a desktop computer or laptop for every class
- Please check that your camera, microphone and speakers are working before the class
- As Google Chrome is the preferred internet browser for Google Meet, please ensure that your computer has Google Chrome before the class
- If you are using a phone/tablet please ensure that you have downloaded the Google Meet app before the class
- If you are using an Apple device eg. Iphone/Ipad, please make sure that you download the Google Meet app before the class. Apple devices also require a gmail account to log in, therefore please ensure that you have a gmail address and have sent it on to the office in advance
- We recommend that you test Google Meet by setting up a test video call with your friends at least 24hrs prior to the first class
- You will be receiving an email with a Google Meet link from us prior to the class. Please click this link at least 5 minutes before the class begins and follow the instructions.
- You may have to enter the last 10 digits of the link into Google Meet in order to join the class
- If you have any problems, please phone our office at 097 82111 and they will help you get online
While we encourage communication and student participation during the classes the following are some simple class rules that we would ask you to follow for the duration of the course:
- Please inform all residents within your home that you are participating in our online class to avoid any disturbances or accidental appearances!
- Please use a communal room with an open door – an office, sitting room or dining room perhaps (strictly no bedrooms or private areas within your home)
- Proper dress (jeans, t-shirts, hoodies etc) – no pyjamas, dressing gowns etc
- Please refrain from using any inappropriate language during the class
- Recording the classes or sharing videos or pictures of the class content or the teachers on social media is strictly prohibited
- The teacher reserves the right to mute or dismiss anyone from the class for inappropriate behaviour
- Please feel free to ask questions throughout the session
We have posted a resource pack to your home address with the following contents:
1. Course Workbook – This is a workbook which we have put together to help you prepare for your online classes and activities. A copy of this booklet is available for download at the bottom of the page.
2. Words and Terms booklet – Our ‘Cúpla Focal Fiúntach’ booklet gives you the phrases and vocabulary to which we will be referring during the course. A copy of this booklet is available for download at the bottom of the page.
3. MEAS wrist band – We have enclosed a MEAS wristband especially for you. MEAS means respect and is a major part of our ethos in Coláiste UISCE. We have incorporated this principle into our online class rules which are outlined on page 4 of the course workbook. We are hoping that you will be happy to abide by our MEAS principles during your classes.
4. 3 x Balloons and bags – These are required in order to prepare for class 3 – our online juggling class. We would like you to watch our video on how to make homemade juggling balls and to do this as a project prior to class 3. Alternatively, you can use 3 oranges or 3 tennis balls for this class.
5. Hoodie – Finally, you will receive your own 2020 special edition Coláiste UISCE hoodie. To show support for everyone who is working hard to prevent the spread of Covid 19 we have put the words ‘Ar scáth a chéile a mhaireann na daoine’ on the hoodie which means ‘We all depend on each other’.Please continue to do your best to stop the spread of Covid 19 and wear it with pride – You’ve earned it!
Additional Course Videos
By clicking on the link at the bottom of this page you will have access to 5 additional class videos. These short videos compliment the work done during the classes and set out easy tasks which can be done “As Gaeilge” in order to consolidate the learning achieved in the classes. This approach is consistent with our philosophy that task based learning and a fun approach is the best way to learn the Irish language. Bain sult as!
Thank you once again for taking part in our online course. We are really looking forward to sharing a blas of Coláiste UISCE with you!
Please help us improve by letting us know how you got on and what you thought of the classes by filling out the end of course questionnaire.
Should you have any questions in relation to the above information or if you would like to hear about other courses available, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 097 82111.
Beir bua agus beannacht,