Level 3 – Ardchinnirí Sinsearacha/Teagascóirí/Maoirseoir Oíche
This is our third level in our Youth Leadership Program. There will be an emphasis on training courses to become an Ardchinnire Sinsearach, a water sport instructor and a Maoirseoir in Coláiste UISCE
Each member of the UISCE team plays a very important role in the running of a course. They are heavily involved in problem solving, supervision and creating a safe environment for all students. Maoirseoirí, Ardchinnirí Sinsearacha and Teagascóirí have a central role in helping the course principal run a successful course. They must ensure students are disciplined and that a high standard of Irish is maintained around the centre at all times.
Maoirseoirí provide a direct link between students and staff at the coláiste. They report to the course principle daily for the duration of each course.
Course Syllabus and Objectives
- Powerboat Training
- First Aid and Fire Safety Course
- Child Protection and Anti Bullying Course
- Interview & CV Skills
- Leadership Workshops
- Practical Watersport Training
- Improve interpersonal skills and self confidence
- Develop and learn new leadership skills
- Practise problem solving
So you meet the Criteria?
- Are you at least 18 years old?
- Do you have an excellent standard of Irish?
- Are you passionate about water sports?
- Have you completed the Leaving Cert?
You must have completed a year in 3rd level education or have gained a full years work experience to be employed as a Maoirseoir in UISCE.
The course is run during the October Mid Term Break. Places on this course are limited. Early booking is recommended to avoid disappointment